2Face Idibia, again has proven to be ” The Unstoppable” in his career. His award winning hit track “African Queen” was used as the sound track of the 2006 comedy film, Phat Girlz. This made him even more recognized internationally. He first announced on AfriQtalk on October 28, 2010 that he was ready to take on America. Take a listen to my candid chat with 2Face a.k.a., 2baba.
<iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/N3zE5sJmO88″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
2Face was recently, nominated for BET AWARDS 2011 Best International Act (Africa). He appeared on the Monique Show and Lola Ogunnaike interviewed him on BET, FM V103.1 radio station, just to mention a few. He is reported to have ongoing projects and collaborations with big name artiste in the U.S. Stay tuned! We’ll keep you posted. Not only is 2Face “the Unstoppable”, I’ll like to refer to him as “The Come Back Kid”. 2Face Idibia BET Awards Celebrations Party will be held Live @ the Valley Nite Club, Saturday, Aug. 6th, 2011. Atlanta, GA.
TuFace is currently one of the most popular artistes on the African music scene. 2Face Idibia was born Innocent Ugah Idibia in Jos, Nigeria. He started calling himself “2Face” in 1996. “The name to me just refers to the outside and inside: when you first see me you see the outside but when you get to know me, you see the inside,” he said in an interview with the BBC.
Tuface recently, released two lead off singles from the international version of his Unstoppable album and is the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced international album. He is also reported to have recorded a single with Mary J. Blige.
In 2010 with his Unstoppable Album(The Intl. Edition) won 2 awards at the 2010 SMVA. He also, won the Channel O Most Gifted Western African and the MTV African Music Awards (Best Male and Artist of the year) making him the most successful pop singer in Africa. He is the lead vocalist of the Sony All African 08 Project alongside 7 other stars across Africa recording their first singles with R.Kelly and Prince Lee titled “Hands Across the World”.
Aside from running his own record label known as Hypertek after leaving Kennis Music, the artist has established the Tuface Idibia Foundation, which is into charity. In December 2010, the foundation collaborated with the Hands Project International for an Aids charity dinner. His show held at the expo center was the best of its kind, as it featured all the notable Nigerian artists, particularly 9ice, Dbanj and P-Square. Other awards include:
- Best African Act MOBO – London (MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN) 2007 AWARDS
- CHANNEL “O music video AWARDS a) Best Male Video, b) Best African Video of the year, c) Best African Act.
- Best African Act KORAall african AWARDS 2005
- NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS New York a) Africa Break Through Artist of the Year 2006 and b) Best Album of the Year 2007
- Best Musical Artiste AFRO NOLLYWOOD AWARDS 2005,
- Song of the Decade NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARDS 2007
- African Song of The Year (Non Ghanaian) GHANA MUSIC AWARDS 2005,
- Music of the Year EXCELLENCE RECOGNITION AWARDS 2004
- Special Recognition Award HIP HOP WORLD AWARDS 2005
- 1st NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT AWARDS 2004 a) Song of the year African Queen b) Best Album of the year c) Best Hip Hop and R&B Artiste
- The Outstanding Musician of the Year 2005 BLACK HERITAGE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- Musician of the Year 2004 CITY PEOPLE AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE
- Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry 2004 AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE
- 2Face Idibia Wins MOBO Award for Best African Act
- Best Song Of The Year 2005 G.C.E INTERNATIONAL AWARDS,
- Musician Of The Year 2006 THE FUTURE AWARDS,
- A.M.E.N AWARDS 2004 a) Best Male Vocalist, b) Song of the Year c) Best New Act Male d) Best Video.
- Best Male Vocalist 2002 AFFINITY AWARDS.
- Song Of the decade 2007 African Queen THE NIGERIAN MUSIC AWARD
- Best African Act 2007 MOBO (MUSIC OF BLACK ORIGIN AWARDS) UK
- HIP HOP AWARDS a) Best R&B album b) Best R&B male
- Best African Act Australian African Awards 2008
- Best selling Nigerian Artist – World Music Awards 2008, Monaco, Spain
- Youth Ambassador for peace- Universal Federation for World peace
- Nigerian International Youth Award- National Youth council of Nigeria.
- Best R&B: 2face Idibia MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
- Artist of the Year – 2Face (Nigeria) MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Best Male – 2Face Nigeria MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- New Champions For An Enduring Culture 2011 16th edition of the Annual THISDAYAwards presented by President Bill Clinton and Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
- World Music Awards 2008 world’s best selling Nigerian artist
- Best International Act: Africa (BET Awards 2011)
2Face Idibia has been named a goodwill ambassador for the United Nations’ world food programme, joining other Nigerian icons like Wole Soyinka, John Fashanu etc. who are also working with the UN to fight different causes across the African continent. First non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society in recognition for his outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa.
What’s next for this young man? It’s everyone’s guess but what I do know is that 2Face is one artiste that will continue to break the barriers and boundaries with his style of music.