Kudos to Pastor Ituah Ighodalo, the founder of Trinity House Ministries, Lagos, Nigeria who was recently appointed as member of the Petroleum Revenue Special Task Force to probe oil earnings. The new committee is designed to enhance probity and accountability in operations of the Petroleum Industry in charge with the following terms of reference:
- To work with consultants and experts to determine and verify all petroleum upstream and downstream revenues (taxes, royalties, etc.) due and payable to the Federal Government of Nigeria;
- To take all necessary steps to collect all debts due and owing; to obtain agreements and enforce payment terms by all oil industry operators;
- To design a cross debt matrix between all Agencies and Parastatals of the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources;
- To develop an automated platform to enable effective tracking, monitoring, and online validation of income and debt drivers of all Parastatals and Agencies in the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources;
- To work with world-class consultants to integrate systems and technology across the production chain to determine and monitor crude oil production and exports, ensuring at all times, the integrity of payments to the Federal Government of Nigeria; and,
- To submit monthly reports for ministerial review and further action.”
Other members of the panel are:
FULL LIST OF MEMBERS
1. Mallam Nuhu Ribadu -Chairman
2. Mr. Steve Oronsaye -Dep. Chairman
3. Mallam Abba Kyari -Member
4. Ms. Benedicta Molokwu -Member
5. Mr. Supo Sasore, SAN -Member
6. Mr. Tony Idigbe, SAN -Member
7. Mr. Anthony George-Ikoli, SAN -Member
8. Dr. (Mrs.) Omolara Akanji -Member
9. Mr. Olisa Agbakoba, SAN -Member
10. Mr. Bon Otti -Member
11. Prof. Olusegun Okunnu -Member
12. Mallam Samaila Zubairu -Member
13. Mr.Ignatius Adegunle -Member
14. Mr. Gerald Ilukwe -Member
15. Rep. of FIRS -Ex-Officio
16. Rep. of FMF Incorporated -Ex-Officio
Observers believe the appointment of Ribadu is to buy credibility for Allison-Madueke and also tie the hands of EFCC from doing any serious work. It is also believed that the latest move may be to counter whatever is going to be the outcome of the house of reps committee which appeared more determined to expose all the culprits involved in the scam going on in the petroleum ministry headed by Allison-Madueke.
Pastor Ituah, worked as Associate Pastor of Freedom Hall, (later renamed Hope Hall) as well as the City of David Parishes of R.C.C.G. He’s been involved in international missions, helping to pioneer several Redeemed Christian Church of God parishes abroad and happily married to Ibidun Ighodalo.
I believe pastor Ituah will not only do his job diligently, but will bring about transformational change for the benefit of Nigeria and Nigerians. His thoughtfulness, discipline, simplicity and work ethics motivated me, especially, growing up as a teenager with an absent father in my life.
Posted by Princess Asha Okojie,
You must be logged in to post a comment.